This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the Pandemic badge.
Especially at the beginning of the pandemic, there was a lot of conflicting information worldwide about the usefulness (or not) of masks and homemade face coverings. Experience, studies and research since then has shown that masks do work: mainly to protect others from you, but also to protect yourself. Tighter-woven materials and more layers provide more protection, so the ad-hoc face coverings described here should be a last resort, not a first choice.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- Make a face covering that does not require sewing
- Example: Face covering from boxer shorts
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- Photo of the materials for your face covering
- Photo of the face covering being worn
- If you used another source than the ones listed above, please include the link to it and tell us why it’s good
Make a comment on this page and include the photos in the comment. Photos may have areas obscured to ensure privacy if necessary.