All methods to be organic or better.
- Complete another 4 BB’s from the Level 1 list
- Certify at least 2 BB’s for Level 1 people
Complete 6 BB’s from this list:
- Identify and document local wild plants (or “weeds”) that appear in your garden
- Identify, source, acquire, and use soil amendments that your garden needs
- Grow at least a dozen of your own transplants/seedlings, plant them out, and harvest a crop from them.
- Build at least one season-extension structure and use it
- Harvest compost from your composting system and apply to your growing areas
- Grow and harvest a usable crop from seeds that you saved yourself
- Help someone else set up a new growing area
- Encourage useful volunteer plants in your garden and make use of them
- Save three types of seed and germinate them successfully
- Investigate and document your local pollinator insects and which plants support them
- Grow 4 types of plant to support pollinator insects, and record the insects that use them
- Preserve at least one crop so that it keeps for at least 6 months
- Use one of these techniques and record your plan and any results: succession, interplanting (companion planting), rotation.
When you have completed your BB’s, post a comment to this page, listing the ones you have completed, for an admin to certify, and you’ll get your badge!