This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the Level 1 badge in Gardening.
Comfrey is a tough, deep-rooted plant that can bring up nutrients from deep in the soil. Use the leaves to make a “tea” to use as fertilizer and growth-enhancer on other plants.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- Grow at least one comfrey plant until it is large enough to harvest leaves from
- Make “tea” from the leaves
- Use the tea on other plants
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- Photo of new comfrey plant(s) or roots and the location they will be planted
- Photo of comfrey plant(s) growing
- Photo of harvested leaves during the tea-making process
- Photo of tea being used on other plants
Make a comment on this page and include the photos in the comment.