This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the Level 1 badge in Gardening.
Water is a make-or-break aspect of your garden. Knowing where your water will come from, whether it is clean or contaminated, and how it will be applied to your plants, is basic.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- Investigate your water sources. Record the physical location, water quality, quantity available, and approximate water pressure. If you are on a well, you may already have water quality tests to refer to, or your neighbours may know of common issues. City water supply in Powell River is of excellent quality and safety, but your home’s plumbing lines may affect what comes out of the garden faucet.
- Investigate and/or plan any water storage needed, including rain barrels or ponds.
- Plan how the water will get from the source to your growing areas. Record your plan.
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- Photos of your water sources
- Photo of your water storage, if any
- Photo of your information records and plans
Make a comment on this page and include the photos in the comment.