This page refers to the 2017 fair. Please visit the page for the 2018 Homesteaders Craft Fair.
Townsite Anglican Church (Basement hall), 6310 Sycamore St
Public opening hours:
Fri Dec 1, 5 pm – 8:30 pm
Sat Dec 2, 10 am – 4 pm
This craft fair is a little different from the many other wonderful local fairs. We’re trying to encourage the use of eco-friendly, local, sustainable, and/or re-used materials by folks working from their own homes, and also to provide an outlet for new vendors and young vendors who may not be able to get into or afford the big fairs.
So you’ll find things like these:
- Hand crafted jewelry and tactile art products using many natural materials and some local and/or reused/up-cycled components
- Handmade soaps, lotions and bath products made from both local and fair trade ingredients
- Crocheted garments and accessories using only natural fibres and fair trade materials
- Hand dipped beeswax taper candles, decorated with various designs and colours, and tea light and votive candles from eco soy wax.
- Local honey
- Mobiles, mirrors and candles in beach decor
- Refurbished glass pieces, jewelry, beach jewelry made of sea glass.
- Handmade creams, salves, lip balms, headache remedies, soothing gels and creams. Essential oils and handmade soap.
- Hand sewn Doll Clothes & Accessories for American Doll or any 18″ dolls, Baby Doll, Barbie,Ken & Build A Bear
- Woodburning and Carved items using local alder
- Needle-Felted Items (100% wool)
- Seeds and plants
- Home made granola and granola bars
- Christmas homemade baking (cookies, candy)
- Hand spun yarn from fibres mainly produced by my own sheep
- Hand knit products knitted with hand spun yarn
- Dyed and natural coloured local fleece for felting or spinning
Monster dolls made mostly from recycled/reused materials
- Fabric fish & hearts made mostly from recycled/reused materials
- Knitted toques, fingerless gloves, coffee cup sleeves, kids socks
- Raw Crackers – 4 varieties of organic, raw, dehydrated yummy crackers, bagged.
- Chai Spice Mix
- Mosaic art
- Natural soap and body products and art cards
- Baby blankets, hats, bibs, baby and toddler clothes
- Winter accessories for baby, kids and Mom
- Crystal jewelry
- Psychic readings
- Knitted , crocheted and hand sewn crafts
- Amigurumi, Afghans, some hand made jewelry, Gift items
- Books by local author
- Fused glass jewelry
- Repurposed glass vases
- Repurposed ornaments
- Hand-dyed yarns from unraveled wool & wool-mix sweaters
- Upcycled leather accessories: notebook covers, dresser trays, glasses cases and more
- Gifts especially made for men
- Warm and cosy boot and shoe insoles from re-purposed felted fabrics
- Embellished and decorated denim jackets
- “Un-disposables”: re-usable sandwich bags, produce bags and tote bags from upcycled fabrics
Please come and join us and support the local economy while meeting all your gift-giving needs!
Our concession stand by Tiffany Thomas will feature a variety of healthy vegan and non vegan menu items including soups, fresh juices, baked goods, coffee, tea etc. to keep you going while you shop, and you can even sit down to eat and socialise.