This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the Pandemic badge.
Especially at the beginning of the pandemic, there was a lot of conflicting information worldwide about the usefulness (or not) of masks and homemade face coverings. Experience, studies and research since then has shown that masks do work: mainly to protect others from you, but also to protect yourself. Tighter-woven materials and more layers provide more protection.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- Research places that are accepting homemade masks / face coverings in your community or where you can mail to
- Find out what pattern(s) they will accept
- Sew at least 5 face coverings using an appropriate pattern
- Donate them to those who need them
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- Information about where you intend to donate the masks
- Link to the pattern you plan to use
- Photo of the materials for your masks
- Photo of the completed masks packed up for donation
Make a comment on this page and include the photos in the comment. Photos may have areas obscured to ensure privacy if necessary.