This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the Level 2 badge in Gardening.
Growing summer vegetables to eat right away is great, but it’s even better if you can preserve the harvest so that you can eat your own crops through the whole year.
This BB can be used for the Food Preservation badge as well (ref TBA).
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- Choose a crop that you will use in a preserved form
- Grow enough of your chosen crop to be worth preserving
- Preserve a usable quantity of your crop using drying, canning, pickling, root-cellaring, in-garden storage, or fermenting methods
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- Photos of your mature crop on the plants
- Photos of the crop harvested and ready for preserving
- Photos of the preserved crop in storage
- Photos of some of the preserved crop still in edible condition at least 4 months later
Make a comment on this page and include the photos in the comment.