This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the Level 2 badge in Gardening.
“Weeds” are often said to be simply plants in a location where you don’t want them. Many weeds are local wild plants, and many are edible or have other uses.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- Identify 4 – 12 weeds that show up in your growing areas.
- Find out what methods they use to spread themselves
- Find out what uses they may have. Are they edible? Are there limitations on how much of them you can safely eat?
- Research control methods if you feel them necessary
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- List of weeds identified as to species, with propagation methods and uses
- Photos showing them growing in your garden