This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the Level 2 badge in Gardening.
This BB follows on from the Level 2 BB, “Investigate and document your local pollinator insects and which plants support them”.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- Choose at least four pollinator support plants from your research. Try for a variety of types of support, eg nectar, pollen, nesting, food for larvae etc. or the same type of support for an extended season.
- Grow the plants where your pollinators will find them useful, and where the attracted pollinators will be useful to you
- Observe the pollinators which are attracted, and keep a record of them
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- List of plants you plan to grow, and reasons you chose the location you will use
- Photos of the plants being planted (as seeds or transplants)
- Photos of the mature plants with the pollinators they attract
- List of attracted pollinators
Make a comment on this page and include the photos in the comment.