This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the Level 2 badge in Gardening.
Many plants will self-seed if you allow them to, and create new “volunteer” plants in your garden, even heat-lovers like tomatoes.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- Explore your garden for useful plants which have self-seeded from plants you grew intentionally in previous years. This does not include “weeds”.
- Leave these plants in place or move them to a more appropriate area if needed.
- Harvest these plants as appropriate
- Allow them to set seed so that they will continue to volunteer. You may also scatter the seed in areas where you want them to grow.
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- Photos of self-seeded plants in the locations where they showed up
- If you move any of them, photos of the plants in their new locations
- Photos of mature plants
- Photos of the harvest
- Photos of plants with seed ready to set or scatter
Make a comment on this page and include the photos in the comment.