This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the Level 1 badge in Gardening.
For many people, this is what food gardening is all about – growing vegetables like tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, etc.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- Research the growing requirements for several of your favorite vegetables.
- Choose at least two vegetables to grow which are a good fit for your conditions.
- Plant the vegetables using seeds or transplants. You may use bought seeds or transplants, or ones you grow yourself.
- Grow the vegetables to maturity, and harvest them. Some vegetables may be harvested multiple times over the season.
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- List of your vegetables, with the growing conditions they need
- Photo of your vegetables being planted
- In-progress photos of the vegetables growing
- Photos of mature, harvested vegetables
- Bonus: photos of the vegetables ready to eat!
Make a comment on this page and include the photos in the comment.